Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

@Determined, I wonder whether maybe instead of a cruise, you could perhaps look into a resort holiday once the house move has happened. Cruise ships are effectively floating resorts. That might be a way of saying "instead..." not "no".

@Smc I was looking into  train trip at the end of the year which darling was interested in but we won't be able afford it now that we are moving. (Darling and children think being in our new home will be like a holiday anyway 😊)

Hoping that by end of next year a road or train trip will be possible.   My family did a trip on the now defunct sunlander many years ago and I still remember it well  so a train trip would be nice.   

Hi @Smc, @Determined, @Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope, @outlander, , 

Mr shaz planning a trip somewhere and I know D1 would love us to visit her xx 

thatll be nice @Shaz51 i hope you can

We're itching for a holiday. All our too-much-travel of late has been out of necessity, not for enjoyment. My dream holiday would be to go on a slow steam train trip interstate. A couple of hours travel, stop for a few hours over lunch, a couple more hours on the rails, overnight stopover, repeat process. I have no idea if such an option actually exists, but oooh it would be wonderful if it did.
Failing that, an absolutely unplanned slow wandery trip in the car, stopping wherever it took our fancy. Maybe with a classy old style caravan in tow to match our little classic car, but if that's taking the dream too far, I'm happy enough with a tent, preferably set up in a national park. Is nice waking up to birdsong.

We did a road trip like that a couple of years ago @Smc following the coast around. We were aiming for Adelaide but ran out of time at Mt Gambier and had to head for home from there. We used to have a classic 1970s caravan which was nice. Did a lot of free camping on our road trips which made it more affordable. The boys still talk about that trip. 

Hello @Determined, @Smc, , @Adge@outlander, @Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope

the cruise is out 

Now I am mum's carer 

Mr shaz has lots on his mind today , giving him lots of suggestions but no solution 

sorry to hear the cruise is out @Shaz51
hope caring for 2 people doesnt become to much for you. take care of yourself Heart

Sorry to hear about the cruise @Shaz51 that would be a blow. 

Pitty to miss a cruise @Shaz51, gets difficult to juggle so many medical apts.  Its not just x2 people you're caring for but yourself as well.  Delegate whatever you can & stay positi e.  Hey,  noticed you're not tagging me anymore - have i offended  you? Dont mean to.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance