Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Good morning @Anastasia 😄🌷🐝

I notice you were up all hours again overnight. Doing your usual supportive thing .. which you do so well. 💖

But I'm worried about how YOU are. You have been hit with so much bad news and concerning situations in the past week or so. It simply has to take a toll.

Its good that you have the Christmas get together in the park today. Likely to be a hot one, so I hope there is plenty of shade. Glad your parents are going too. Are both your boys able to attend?

Hope both you and your boy got along okay at the dentist yesterday. You grind your teeth? I do too. Hope they are able to repair the crack in your tooth, and fix your Boys chipped tooth. Dentists are pretty clever these days, with many seemingly big problems now able to be remedied quite simply.

Is it a lunchtime get-together today, or not until late arvo or evening?

Sending lotsa love your way. 😄🌹

Emelia 💞

Hi beautiful,

My jaw really was giving me hell and woke me. It's not unusual, it's a daily thing but I think it was worse due to dentist visit. Yes I've ground them for years, worn a lot away and had lots of fillings as a result. He filled the one yesterday and repaired my boys front tooth. He looks like new again. He's such a beautiful man, grateful for him as our dentist. He made me a guard to wear at night so I can't grind my teeth but I've never eally used it. It's not very comfortable. Silly hey. Gosh I dread to think the picture I've painted of myself!

It's lunch hun. Whilst I made dinner last night I prepared all of the food. Simple cold cuts and salad. We are heading off shortly. I'm looking forward to it but I'm very tired. Still in bed and need to get moving. Hopefully both buys but son 2 can be unreliable if he's had a big night with friends. He stay out so I guess time will tell. Crossing fingers as I really haven't seen him to spend any time with him of late now that he's working full time.

What plans do you have for the day? I will be thinking of you my sweet friend. I am hoping that the sunburn redness has eased, I doubt it though, it's pretty brutal 😔 I'm so sorry hun. My Dad spoke more around the treatment and the toll it took on him and Mum just logistically. I feel for you so muchand so wish this was just a bad dream. I'd like to come with you in your pocket again if that's not too much trouble? I hope having you home hubby's picked up too. Big hugs to you beautiful @Emelia8 

Thank you for saying hi 🙏💕🌸🌷

Hello @Anastasia  😊💕🌸

Glad dentist visit went well on Saturday for both yourself and your Boy.  I was advised to get a mouth guard made as well, but so far have not done so.  But I probably should.  As a kid in the bush with no flouride and lack of dentist visits, I had heaps of fillings as a child.  Although none since I was a teenager. But I still have a mouth full (back teeth only) of the old metal looking fillings.  The last time I cracked a tooth, it was due to the old filling.  They made them harder than the average tooth, so if anything gives ... its the poor tooth.  

It sounds like you had a lovely belated family christmas lunch with bf family and a smattering of yours as well.  Really glad it turned out nice for everyone.  It also sounds like your work today was pretty good, even getting away a little bit early and able to have a beer with colleagues.  😂🍺   A day off now.  Any plans for Aus Day?

I didnt do a whole lot yesterday .. mainly getting a load of washing done and some early preparations and planning for Tuesdays BBQ.  Did a grocery shop of all the non perishables yesterday as well.  Only need to head into town in the morning now for hot dog rolls, fresh bread and lamingtons from the bakery.  Will hopefully mean I am only away for 40 mins or so.  Got a few more things done this afternoon as well, after I got home from radiation therapy.  I didnt get home until 3.30pm ... they were running a bit late today, plus I had to see the radiation nurse afterwards.  Anyway, I'm happy knowing I've done as much as I possibly can at this stage.  And yes, I had you in my pocket up and back to/from the hospital today.  I was so tired coming back with my mind wandering, and feeling sleepy. A couple of times I had to bring my mind back to the task at hand ... driving ... because I realised I had no idea where I was.  Concentration is crap right now!  So I was thankful to have you  there with me today, as I always am. 🤗🙏

I hope you are feeling okay today ... that the tooth has settled down, and that you are feeling a little better overall.  And also that your Boy is more settled as well. Wishing for you a calm and relaxing evening ahead.

Sending you a little something to let you know I care. Love you. 💞

Emelia  💕🤗🌸

Image result for lavendar

Image result for a gift of lavendar

Thank you beautiful. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, hoping it's not too much. Love you Em xxx

@Emelia8 

Dearest @Anastasia 

I wish I got to talk to you more often but here I am tonight calling in to say Hi 👋 and sorry I don’t drop by more often.

I hope your days are improving with your boy and your own health.

I get so excited when I see you popping up all over the forums with kindness and loving advice for so many.

Please remember to take time to care for yourself.

Love you lots

💙💕💙

@Eve7 wrote:

Dearest @Anastasia 

I wish I got to talk to you more often but here I am tonight calling in to say Hi 👋 and sorry I don’t drop by more often.

I hope your days are improving with your boy and your own health.

I get so excited when I see you popping up all over the forums with kindness and loving advice for so many.

Please remember to take time to care for yourself.

Love you lots

💙💕💙

@Eve7 you are so special. I wish we got more time to have chats too. Your words warm my heart. I am blessed to know you and so bloody proud of you. Thank you for your message. Feel a bit flat so it means the world. Love you lots 💕

I ditto what @Eve7  said, @Anastasia 

You are always such an enormous help to me and others, that I often forget to check in to see how you are going. As I've called you before, you are Superwoman!! 
I hope you are travelling along ok after the emotional past week or so that you've had with yours and your Dads prognosis. I also hope your boys health is ok and things with the bf are settling.

I look up to you and gain strength from you when I'm having a shit time - like right now.

xx

Oh hunny,

I hardly feel like Superwoman lol, but thank you. I have been consumed with work so feeling like I haven't been much to anyone. I am stressed about getting all done to go away, and extremely stressed about leaving my boy. I will try to get online every opportunity before I leave Monday morning. I'm still there with you in spirit, need to run to the office but love you lots @WIP Heart

@Eve7 @Emelia8 Heart

Love you lots too @Anastasia 

Hope you're getting done what you need to at work - almost home time! 💞💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance