Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Some of these ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› back @Maggie ๐Ÿ˜

I decided to head out to get the boxes as the match I want to watch is on second today. I went to a hopping centre a bit further away as they have both Big W and Kmart - surprise, surprise that Kmart had the boxes I wanted - so can finally sort out the last of the things, box them up and store them away. It will mean my bedroom will look more like a bedroom again and not a storage shed lol Then I can sort out and put away the rest of my books. I also need to move the timber into the garage before expected rain this afternoon/evening. Tomorrow I will try to finish the garage, stack the trailer and clean the car. No point doing any of that today with the rain expected - the tip fees are by weight so any extra water will be extra money ...every little bit I don't have to pay helps!

Reading along with you both @Maggie @CheerBear and lots of squishy hugs coming each of your ways ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›

@Maggie You will be happy to know I have only fixed my sister's mat tonight and given up on the sorting until tomorrow ...just too tired. So heading to bed very soon ๐Ÿ‘ ...and have drunk a lot also ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Probably catch you in the morning but if not I hope there is some good in tomorrow for you ...and you too @CheerBear ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒน

Sleep well @Zoe7  ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

Are you up to a coffee this morning @CheerBear  and anyone else around. @Former-Member  ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Morning everyone

Coffee sounds great @Maggie, if you're still around.

I had another go back to sleep morning. I woke a little while ago but the rain and some awesome cat cuddles put me back to sleep. So good ๐Ÿ˜Š

How are you going this morning? How did yesterday go?

Rain and awesome cat cuddles sounds like a good start @CheerBear . Some sleep as well. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Yesterday was ok thanks. Walked the puppies. Sat in the park with the sound of wind through the trees. It was lovely. ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒฒ

I have to find my kitchen again today. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Do you have much on?

That is lovely sounding @Maggie โค How did it feel with kind of friend?

What's your kitchen under today? That's not the most fun job ๐Ÿ˜

Not much today for us. I have a counselling appt online. I haven't see her since I was just out of hospital so I am really looking forward to it. We did the school supply thing yesterday so therw will be helping the kids organise that (big wants to contact their books which I understand). I'm going to tackle the washing machine and see if I can pull part of it apart to get to some underwire I lost in it ๐Ÿ˜‘ I will hopefully not break it more and save myself the cost of a repair person ๐Ÿคž That's about it for me today ๐Ÿ™‚

How's your day looking?

@CheerBear  Itโ€™s always a โ€œ whatโ€™s the mood todayโ€ with kind of friend. And it changes rapidly. It was ok enough yesterday. It usually is after I have done some dog sitting. It wonโ€™t last. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

My kitchen is under dishes this time @CheerBear . Nothing unused left, so action is necessary. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Catch-up on line sounds good. It seems like ages since you had your โ€œ breakโ€.

Ive done that with washing machine too. I hope you find lost items without repair costs.

Raining here, and a cool forecast.

Hope the contacting goes ok. Can be tricks/ sticky.

:face_with_rolling_eyes: it sucks that it won't last with kind of friend @Maggie and that it is usually good after you've helped out. It's why it's important to keep working at making it more healthy and fair for you as you're doing.

Feeling a bit the same with our kitchen (house in general). School holidays are hard on the house and with no washing machine for the past nearly week, things are piling up. According to Google I'll have to pull the back off it, disconnect some wiring and pull out the heating element to get to the underwire now. What could go wrong :face_with_rolling_eyes:๐Ÿ˜–?!

Jellybean and glitter contact ๐Ÿ˜ Made me want to be a school kid again haha.

I had a really fab chat with Mr Grey last night. We spoke about how tricky it could get with a huge handful of little peeps all with their own feelings about jumbled families. And how we might approach it if/when the time comes. Both agreed that professional support or guidance could be helpful. We communicate so openly and well. Better than I've experienced with any he person before. I feel lucky ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you done anymore black and white rocks? Or nail polish? Or mosaic? Gotta get my hooks out again soon...

โค

Yea, I know I need to keep my guard up with kind of friend @CheerBear . I donโ€™t think like she does, so I canโ€™t keep a step ahead. Still get shocked at some world views. Self above all else. I really struggle there.

Oh gosh @CheerBear  nearly a week without a washing machine. You must have piles to do with the crew. 

What could go wrong indeed. Pulling face as I write.

Jellybean and glitter contact. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ We had brown paper. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

Jumbled families is tricky, no doubt. But itโ€™s the norm mostly today. Professional help could be really helpful in taking pressure off.

Communication between you and Mr Grey is really really good. I so want this to work,out for you, for you all.

I didnโ€™t do any more black and white. Motivation low. Mood low. I might have to do colour therapy today. Dishes first.....

Super tricky with kind of friend @Maggie. I'm really hoping you find a more OK with you space in that relationship through the work you're doing in it.

Thanks for your support and thoughts. I too hope this works out. Even if it all turns belly-up though, I've learnt and grown a lot through it already.

I have a feeling I am going to break the machine more by doing this but need to try and save $. Annoying ๐Ÿคจ Smelly, gross, hot, damp job too.

๐Ÿ™ for mood and motivation low. I hear you there though. Maybe a treat for after you find the kitchen. I found this article which made me think of you. It's from the person I listened to in the podcast the other day. This is just one of so many about joy and colour. Their talks are awesome too.

https://www.aestheticsofjoy.com/2011/01/the-joy-of-illegal-rainbows/

Illegal rainbows ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงกโค
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance