Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sophie1
Senior Contributor

Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Hi @Former-Member@Determined@Shaz51@outlander@Faith-and-Hope

after reading all of Darcy’s thread of her journey with Mr D I thought I would start a similar thread for my journey with my MsS who also has Bipolar II

it was such a lovely supportive thread and not wanting to be presumptive however I could really do with some companionship on this journey from those who have a deeper understanding and compassion of our unique challenges ... I really saw so much care and support in Darcys thread from you all and would really like to join the discussion for supporting Darcy and also ask when you have time to look in on me - I really don’t have anyone in many circle at work or family or socially who really understands and I super appreciate your time and input 

As per Darcy’s thread I plan to share my thoughts and musings about my partnership with Ms S bit by bit as it comes up ... also to setup a place I can come to should the proverbial hit the fan.... which it always does lol 

thats all thx for listening ... also please let me know if you have similar regular threads I can follow and provide support for yourselves x Sophie

499 REPLIES 499

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Hi @Sophie1 .....👋💕

Thanks for tagging me into this.  I have a DIL with bipolar, so I am on the learning curve too, but only two pleased to travel along with you here as and when I can.

i have a thread going under “Eating Disorder, Personality Disorder - need a shoulder” on the Carer’s forum.  I would tag you to it, but I am having tech issues with the forum at the moment which makes it a long task, and I have homework pending, so please drop the title into the Search bar if you wanna take a look.

💜

Hello @Sophie1 it nice to meet you
I dont have Bipolar or care for someone with bipolar however im still happy to be here with and for you on your journey Heart

Thanks for tagging me @Sophie1  Heart .

I have a Mr shaz  with bipolar 11, just like @Former-Member with Mr D 

I am on the learning curve too as Mr shaz had been diagnosed with lots of diagnosis in the past , I have done a lot of reading on all the different things he has but still learning  and I am  pleased to travel along with you here Smiley Very Happy

i have a thread going under “ the ups and downs of my husband`s MI " on the Carer’s forum.  

how is MsS today @Sophie1

and how are you today Heart

Hi @Shaz51 MsS had a chucky migraine last few days ... I kept asking her what could have caused it ... turns out she was eating Mersey valley pickled onion cheese in fair quantities which she forgot had sulphides in it which trigger migraine for her ... so now she has been sleeping today until 2pm then up in the afternoon and then again to bed since 6pm and got up briefly for dinner and then back to bed ... now I’m watching a movie on my own ... 

yes Mr shaz was in bed at 6pm the other night due too anxiety and too much sun I think @Sophie1

@Shaz51 I have had to learn to ask Ms S if there is anything she is planning to do and if she needs help so she doesn’t take too much on in a day ... I don’t understand if it’s the meds or her underlying condition / chemistry / constitution but exhaustion state for Ms S is so much more extreme than for a ‘normal’ person doing the same level of activity ... I never really can gauge how much sleep she really needs to counteract that exhaustion

morning @Sophie1

Yes I have to plan our day , trying not to make it too big that it affect Mr shaz

if it’s the meds or her underlying condition / chemistry /-- I think it is a whole lots of things that goes towards exhaustion Heart

Looking forward to hearing your adventures here @Sophie1 😀.

Too many pickled onions  = 😬.

Sleep hygiene is another one of those things we need to keep an eye on, finding  balance of healthy and appropriate ways to help our loved ones, knowing when to push and when to hold back. *sighs 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance