Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Fingers crossed re: job @Sophie1  having a satisfying career can help in the other area if our lives 

Migraines = 😵😵😵 Hoping that relief will be found.

I don't mind spending some time alone and am  comfortable doing so - walking the dogs, shopping, going to a cafe or gardening. Some things I feel are best done with others (not necessarily Mr D - ie enjoying a hobby with others who have a similar interest).  I have also been supportive of Mr Darcy to do things without me.  Doing things as a couple is important too and believe that there is a limit as to what would be an acceptable level of separate vs together time.

Thanks @Former-Member 

I appreciate the thoughts and sharing. 

lockdown has made everything a bit harder with catching up with friends - we are under curfew and very much stuck in our suburb

that being said we r in a good routine of daily walks and Ms S is cooking again most days .. we also are keeping in regular contact with family and friends on phone which is very Helpful 

cant wait for spring - love spring - I love the energy of spring 

@Sophie1💛💖

@Sophie1 

Taking advantage of the limited exercise time = 👍

Ms S cooking most days = 👍

How are you going @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member 

Sorry haven't been on for a while - been busy managing a job change and the challenges of lockdown all at once .. MsS is still battling will bad health - seem to roll from a headache to a migraine to a cold (not covid as we tested) to depression ... however I have noticed she is anxiously waiting to see how I cope with my new job starting next week as my last one was not good for my stress levels - she doesn't deal with change, or anticipation of change, well at all.  However despite the various ailments we are making time to enjoy the garden and esp with spring here now and the blossoms and warmer weather it is truly a delight.  Big step is tho that last week after a therapy session, MsS openly volunteered to me that she feels she has ptsd ... yay this is a huge step as she has never actually said it or believed it ... only took 20 yrs lol .. sigh is more like it ... I guess people are fragile and ptsd has its own timeline and I strongly believe fishing for quick fixes or rushing ptsd sufferers into anything is not ok or helpful - I'm just glad she has a great trauma informed therapist now and seems to be becoming more self aware and open minded to herself and her needs . 

sorry babbling now - how are you anyway ? I'll go check out your feed now xx

@Sophie1 I do hope the new job is a good fit for will result in you feeling a lot more settled. Transition periods = 😵😵😵

Quick check in @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member 

😊😊😊😊👍👍👍👍new job is amazing - I'm so happy to feel valued and useful .. and doing work that I believe matters for society and is positive. 2 weeks in - crazy busy and learning like a sponge ...

MsS has been really low tho and struggling to to see the point in doing anything and continuing migraines - poor darling is really really struggling - her psych altered the Med mix today so hopefully that helps and also gp altered Menopause meds too on Monday .. so fingers crossed there are some steps in right direction ... 

despite her struggles tho MsS has been supportive and helping out where she can with household tasks (which is not much at moment) however it all helps !! 

I wish I had a wand for the pain and depression

i read your thread too Darcy and I'm sending you huge hugs 🤗 and all my carer love 💓.. you are a brave amazing woman and know you are not alone xx 

Hi @Sophie1 👋💕

So pleased for you in your new job ..... and so sorry to hear MsS's troubles are continuing.  I hope they find some answers soon.

Really glad to hear you got out for a while today @Former-Member 💐💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance