Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Trust mini break goes ok @Sophie1 and that you have an enjoyable time in spite of hip and bickering. Hope Ms S manages too.

Lovely that appt with pdoc went well.  Open communication makes so much difference.

Made a brief start on tackling the shed before lunch, not a job for the faint hearted ... will update in decluttering thread later.

Checking in @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member  thanks for checking in - I’ve been low profile as had a head cold all week since back from interstate - terrible sore throat and cough and now runny nose - but I think I’m at tail end ... lost 2 days of pay 😞 ... but I refuse to share my germs at work unlike others grrrr.... MsS new psychiatrist has asked me to join a special one hour appointment Monday arvo so she can talk to us both together - a hopeful sign methinks of a positive therapeutic relationship !   How is Mr D care team going lately ? 

Yikes @Sophie1  hopefully you can shake off the lurgy. Hoping things go well Monday.

Things going ok with Mr D's treating team, they are really good with communication.

@Sophie1  nice mug of chicken soup For you Be MsS  (hope you like chicken)

Don't know why prob what I was given as a child but I always find a mug of chicken soup always goes down well when feeling ill. 😊

Thanks @Determined  just what I needed - literally just finished a coughing fit and trying to getting to sleep... worried I won’t be well for Monday work 

Sorry to hear that you are unwell @Sophie1, please take the time to rest and recover. Heart

Hi @Sophie1 how are you going? How did you get on yesterday at pdoc?

Thanks @Former-Member @Ali11 @Determined @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 

Ms S new pdoc was amazing - clear communication, good questions, good listening, kind to us both (yay! After last Pdoc I don’t take this for granted anymore) and she gave Ms S homework even with MsS constant pain and migraines pdoc said until MsS has procedure on 11th July to nerve block migraines her homework is to do something pleasurable for herself each day ... anyway it was a resounding success including some med dose reductions 

my cough is still hanging around but congestion clearing up - I am on repeat antibiotics after tomorrow and gp said to expect it would take two rounds so fingers crossed 🤞 it’s nearly a week without pay now - this one is going to hurt a bit financially but not total disaster as I am using time off to reflect on my career and next steps, redo cv slowly, rest hip (laying down heals my bursitis and keeps steroids in injection location for enhanced healing) and Extra time with Ms S and cats  .. also watching fav tv shows and reading a bit so really apart from coughing, fatigue and hip pain it’s almost almost like an unplanned holiday ! How’s that for optimism ?! Lol ok rambling now must try to slow brain down and sleep now xxx

Great to hear from you @Sophie1 Heart Sounds like you're using the time off well, and the redo of your cv & reflecting on career could be the first step on a new path. Love the optimism Smiley Happy What tv shows have you been watching?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance