Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Panic Attacks

Thank you for sharing your experience, It is great to know that it has been 10 years for you since you have had one, that gives me hope 🙂

Crap the banned words gremlin struck and refused my post.. Dang it!
My little dragon was actually from Bev Aisbett, she did the best drawing of hers. I give My Little Dragon ay Little Pony vibe..
Meanwhile @karma or @NikNik or @Baboo or @Hobbit can you let me know what my banned word or phrase was and I can then reword..

Hi Sandy,

I just had a look for your post. Are you referring to one that was posted last night?

Nope I was posting about panic attacks and how I got through the worst of them..I didn't think I had said anything inappropriate..

Ahhh, ok. I can't seem to find anything. When you attempted to post it did say that you used an inappropriate word, and then you edited and posted it? 

Hi CB, using my phone it popped up in red that there was an issue and phfff..vanished! I couldn't edit or review as it disappeared. I thought your IT team might have access to the draft?
Sorry @ButterflyGirl..we have gone off topic.what worked for me as well was learning a sentence..Feelings are like the weather..and the bad weather can't last... And progressive muscle relaxation techniques..from a great social worker..A 6 week intensive course into relaxation tech iques. Fully funded by Medicare at the time, for 6 weeks, with workbook and 6 CDs which I still use..but my favourite now is breath awareness...
It doea get better, and the less you fight a panic attack, the easier to accept it, and its power over you diminishes too..My Little Dragon rears up now, then I need to stop, pause and listen to what might be going on..but I don't have the extreme physical reaction and thoughts either...I recall well the hyper vigilant state..stress really doesn't describe the physical symptoms...but it does get better...

Sandy, shame on you using a banned phrase, name or expletive, four demerits and ten golly goshes.

loopy.

Hey @ButterflyGirl how you doing now? Threads can get so off-topic that they forget that you posted in the first place to get a sense of support. 

w1sdumb, very pointed if not a wee bit of sacasm... every little bit of contact means you care I mean REALLY care, also a bit of humour goes a long ay sometimes no matter how far off target it is. "a taunting, sneering, cutting, or caustic remark; gibe or jeer, generally ironic". I hope ButterflyGirl know I/we are always here for her.

ButterflyGirl, I am sorry I have not posted more to  you, on top of every other problem hanging around I ended up with Celulitous in my left foot and leg which was....anyway I was so happy when my attacks ceased and my fingers are crossed that they never return because they are so dash debilitating and 'orrible. I am sure you will defeat the demon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance