Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

testtest

Hello @mentalnut

How are you today?

Did not get lecture about weight today when I saw doc today @Determined but do need to go back for another visit as some results had not arrived.

Couple of things do need attention and cholesterol is one of them - hoping diet and exercise will be adequate to lower it. Mught be joining you for a tuna and salad lunch.

images (15).jpeg

good afternoon @Former-Member, @mentalnut, @Determined 

your doctor`s appt went ok @Former-Member

I will keep drinking green tea

yes , got a lot of things done , today is different , Mr shaz had two things happen this morning to his equipment so we are off to the repair shop

Good to hear there was no lecture @Former-Member,
Cholesterol is one thing the doc has not mention to me... yet,
Trust the outstanding results come back ok for you.

Hi @mentalnut and welcome Smiley Very Happy

images (19).jpeg

Hello @Former-Member,

and @Determined@Shaz51 and @mentalnut...

I’m sure you know... it would take more than a diagnosis to scare me away from Bipolar Bear... I can’t say there haven’t been days where I have wondered "I have watched a LOT of CSI, Dexter and Bones... maybe I could get away with it..." but those days are few and far between. 

I think the choice we make, to stay put and love them even when they don’t want us too is probably one of the hardest and most misunderstood. Yes, my life would be easier without the bipolar, yes, I would like to not cry as often, yes, I would like to go to work without the worry my partner may be an emotional disaster by lunchtime... and if that is what I wanted... I could have it... but I couldn’t have him. I couldn’t have the late nights hysterically laughing about nothing, I couldn’t have his witty banter and dark humour, I couldn’t have the support he so willingly offers me when he is able, I couldn’t have my best friend... And that... is just not worth it. 

I don’t judge others who cannot make this choice, and sometimes it is in their best interest not too, I would never encourage someone to stay if they felt unsafe or were in danger... or were risking their own mental health to care for another. Sometimes that is the right decision. 

But for those of us who stay, who persevere through the ups and downs, the pain and hurt, the loss and grief... it makes us stronger... it makes us compassionate... it makes us, who we are... And that is special. 

xx

Tigz

Hello @Tiggeroo , soo good to see you and you have changed your picture too Heart

images (25).jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance