Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

Hello @Whitehawk  

Did not know there was different stages' of bipolar 2 @Former-Member  xx 

@Whitehawk  have edited post.

@Shaz51   there has been a lot of work across many diseases / disorders to have staging levels, you may have heard of it in relation to kidney disease or cancer.  The chart is for bipolar in general, is not BPii specific.

Ohh yes @Former-Member 

With kidney disease and diabetes 

I believe a few staging models for various mental illnesses have been tendered @Shaz51  but none are universally used/accepted.

Thank you so much for checking in with me @Shaz51, very kind of you.
Both my husband and I are going well at the moment. On top of him recently coming home from a 5 week stay in the clinic we have a baby due any day now which has been a great distraction for us and some good feelings to focus on. We still have a lot of work to do on our relationship but slowly getting there. Its strange how something such a mental health can both bring you closer and push you a part at the same time. Does anyone else have this experience?

Yes @Mrsjones 

Things in our relationship improved no end after a diagnosis, treatment that lead to stability as well as me learning how to respond appropriately. (I don't have substance abuse to deal with. )

Thats great to hear that a diagnosis helped for you both in more ways than one.
Yes, the substance abuse (alcohol in my case) has caused our relationship to take the biggest hit. The secrets that follow such addictions have put me on edge and change the trust that is needed in any relationship. But we are heading in the right direction slowly now, looking forward to getting our marriage back 🙂

strange how something such a mental health can both bring you closer and push you a part at the same time.--- Hello @Mrsjones , used to be like this for me too but since he has been on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds he is relying on me more and more

he has cancelled all help so we are on our own , sometimes I feel closed in

Hello @Former-Member , @Sophie1 , @Determined 

21.jpg@Former-Member 

9.jpg@Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance