Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Rabbitohs2022
Contributor

How to deal with hostile ex and co-parent

Hi All,

Do you have any tips on how to deal with an ex-partner who I share a male three year old child with? Has anybody here dealt with a separated partner before?

My ex-partner does not want any communication. I currently see my son one weekend per month at a contact centre. It has been awful dealing with false accusations during the custody process.

Do you know if over time things change with ex-partners?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to deal with hostile ex and co-parent

hey @Rabbitohs2022 ❤️ 

I don't have any specific experience with this, but just want to say that my heart goes out to you. 

I thought I'd tag some people who might be able to offer some words of wisdom, firstly @Appleblossom and also some of our community guides @Anastasia  @AussieRecharger  @BPDSurvivor  @Faith-and-Hope  @HenryX  @jem80  @Judi9877  @NatureLover  @outlander  @Shaz51  @ShiningStar  @Snowie  @Hams  @wellwellwellnez  @Zoe7  @Aniela  @Boo13  @maddison  @pinklollipop15  @Eve7 

Sadly I have had experience with such things from 1986 til now. @Rabbitohs2022 

Little boys need their dads, to grow into effective men.

Life is complicated.

Each situation is unique.

Take Care

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this, false accusations from controlling ex, it's very hard for you as a parent the mother. Your heartache and worry is valid. 

I have experienced a difficult parenting journey with a NPD & BPD ex and he is very vindictive. I advise you to always trust your maternal instincts, follow self- care and stay strong so you can keep advocating for your child. 

Make a plan of how to change this situation for you and your boy, there is alot of help available and I think things can get only get better for you soon :))

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance