Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: Holding the ends together

Thinking of you in all of that @Smc 

Day out sounded nice. 

@Determined @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope et al...

Heading up to my parents' place later today. My sister's got holidays from work, so that means at-the-moment is one of her two times each year that she can make a planned trip. (Emergency trips are another thing altogether...)

I've had another out of the blue health hiccup from about a month ago. I got an infection in my left ring finger... finger swelled, wedding ring had to be cut off. ๐Ÿ˜ช First lot of antibiotics didn't quite clear it, so it flared up again. A second lot did clear the infection, but there was residual pain and numbness in my hand. Haven't had a chance to get back to a doctor about that, but it has been steadily improving over time, so I'm assuming the infection did a lot of "micro-injuries" to assorted muscle and other tissues. Being a violin/viola player, I need that hand to be active and pain free for fingering, so I'm making sure I give myself lots of "hand therapy", doing little exercises regularly.

Older Son is kind of sort of settled in here. He's finding it hard not having his own space. Younger Daughter has also gotten used to being the sole sibling in the house, especially when we're away. But we don't know how long it might take him to find a rental in this current market, and he's not really coping with looking for one yet either (despite really wanting his own place again). But all in all, it's been a reasonably smooth transition to a larger household.

One other tricky thing though, we really need the extra space. The four kids fitted in back then... somewhat crowded, but we fitted... but now we've got stuff we moved back from Mum and Dad's place, and there's a few more major things that still need to come, and can't until we've got space. So we need to continue culling the less precious things. We did make a lot of progress in that regard while making room for Older Son. Somehow to continue.

We had a flood alert about two and a half weeks ago. The creek did rise fairly dramatically, got into the back corner of our yard, but nowhere near the house. However, given the difference between getting flooded and not can be one cloudburst, so we moved as much as we could off the floor and onto chairs, tables, card tables, plant stands dragged in from outside... A lot of it is still there, because the possibility of flooding remains until La Nina says goodbye to us. So instead of returning it to where it was, as much as possible, I'm sifting through it to get rid of excess. So while there's still lots of stacks, they're less towering than they were.

And all this (plus regular rain) means the weeds have continued to get higher, and have not yet been replaced with vegs and flowers. I have masses of tomato plants in my hothouse ready to go, and once we're back home, I'll start seeds for zucchinis, pumpkins, melons and suchlike. We managed to clear some of the weeds yesterday in a big clean-up drive before going away, so there's a few spots available now.

โค๏ธ @Smc 

๐Ÿ‘‹ @Determined @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger @Paperdaisy 

Sending you lots of hugs my friend @Smc , and sitting with you  

Thanks for the update

๐Ÿ‘‹ @Faith-and-Hope 

๐Ÿ˜˜ @Shaz51 

Life is always full of surprises hey @Smc 

That garden sounds great, i am jealous, we just got back into a house and its going to be a while before we can start our gardening again as well, but looking forward to doing cucumbers, corn and herbs again.  Hope your finger feels better again soon and you can get your ring repaired and its not too expensive. 

@Smc 

Continue to think of you and family and trust all is as well as it can be. 

@Smc 

Trust all is as well.as can be for for you and family. ๐Ÿงก

Hello @Smc thinking of you and your family lots today xxx

@Determined , @AussieRecharger , @Faith-and-Hope , @Paperdaisy , @amber22 , @tyme 

@Smc  ๐Ÿงก

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance