Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Raspberry
Casual Contributor

Help for friend who had treatment @ John Cade

Hi I am concerned about a friend - briefly - my friend had an intervention by I think police and went to John Cade for a number of weeks - after some time back with family I met up with her and had an update on what happened - I didn’t get all the facts - I wasn’t aware she was ill but I knew something wasn’t right prior to this occurring  Unfortunately I don’t know her family as we met through work & I don’t know any of her colleagues to find out how to support her - I believe she has delusions - but I am very unfamiliar with mental illness and treatment and don’t know what to do - she believes her family want her out of their house - she is isolated with limited family - I am concerned & don’t know how to support her. Any ideas appreciated thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help for friend who had treatment @ John Cade

Welcome to the forum @Raspberry, it sounds like you are a caring & supportive person. Is there any way you can contact her family explaining that you are a work colleague and you are just wondering how she is? 

Hi thank you for your kind words - I would do that but unsure how - I think they have different surnames - I have tried in social media & as my friend seems to think there is a kind of conspiracy against her - so I am concerned that reaching out to her family might inflame the situation & I could lose contact with her - it’s a difficult situation. She ask asked me for money to help her move to a friends house because her family want her out & I agreed but I am concerned this this will be a mistake - it’s hard to know what to do. I was thinking of talking to my GP and getting my friend to see her - my GP is great and very personal proactive & enlightened

That is a great idea @Raspberry, having a strong support network is important to recovery, so being able to help build one for your friend is a really kind thing to do. Do you think that your friend will be happy to see a GP? Heart

Thanks maybe we had a good catch up today & she seems to be getting back on track - thanks for the feedback and chat - will keep you posted!

Glad to hear you had a good catch up today @Raspberry, you sound like a great friend Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance