Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Delusional Disorder

1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Delusional Disorder

Looking for an outlet for frustrations and understanding about my two brothers. Both of them are in their 50s, Bro3 was first diagnosed with 'schizophrenia' in his late 30s: lost a lot of weight, incredably distressed a lot over percieved walked around with helmet on to stop the "lazer beams" 😞
He's now on CTO injections which of cause he sees as part of the conspiracy to silence him... his new insights against him... really sad.
My understanding of paranoid schizophrenia was not what he was presenting.

Got a lot out of watching Dr Phil yesterday where he had a middle aged woman, a former Lawyer for years, whose family bought her in because of all the false allegations from so activecslled 'active imagination' targeting family members because believed to be part of a global conspiracy to supress women... ...
I learned so much about my brother's psychosis from this and from research after.
Also like the sensitivity DrPhil had when she became stressed when confronted. Terrible disease triggered by stress apparently.
Found this good article:
DELUSION DISORDER:
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9599-delusional-disorder
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance