Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Dots
Contributor

Daughters attempted

Hi
I've been wanting to talk to all you carers to say my daughter attempted suicide last week. She's been treated for four years for depression and emerging BPD. I'm seeing my psyche tonight. Haven't needed to see him for over a year. We've managed really well lately so this came as a shock.
I just need reassurance that others have got through this.
I don't want to tell anyone because I haven't got the energy to manage their emotions, nor do I want to be responsible for them feeling distressed.
Her brother and sister are struggling.
Just a few words of "you'll get through this" is all I need right now.
xx

63 REPLIES 63

Re: Daughters attempted

hi  @Dots im not  a carer for someone who has mental health issues but i have experience in having my own mental health issues (anxiety, depression and BPD ewith hosp admissions to my name). you will get through this and so will they. its not an overnight fix unfortuantely but we are here for you as well as your offline supports Heart 

please keep talking here, and ask as many questions as you need or want to

@Dots
Thanks for sharing this is everyone's nightmare, and I am so sorry you have to go through it with your daughter.
I hope she gets the treatment she needs and she is open to it.
As for you, Dots, also this will pass, and today is a new day.
Keep writing if that makes you feel better,
there is always someone responding to your pleas. There are some very useful tips on here, you will need some time to find them, I find, unless there's a moderator helping you with links for you to click on.
We Do Care xx
Grasshopper3

Thanks for your responses. It's amazing how it helps knowing people get through this.
xx

your welcome @Dots your not alone. we are here to support you and also if you have any questions then please do ask 

Hi @Dots and welcome to the forum

I support my wife who lives with BPD and who had an attempt 2 weeks ago and more than one attempt last year...

I don't know how but we did get through those difficult times and continue to work through our most recent occurrence... 

I am more than happy to listen if you need an ear. Difficult I know to talk about such things. The support here on the forum is something that really helped me to get through the last 12 months in our family, I have been most grateful for this support. You will find everyone here most understanding and helpful.

It is good that you are seeing someone about this, looking after yourself is most possible important. 

You can get through this, reaching out for help both here and those closest to you can be a big help, it has been for me anyway.

All the best, I will be thinking about you and your family. 

I really don't want to have to deal with private health insurers. I haven't even told my brothers and sisters, but private health want full disclosure. How weird is that? I haven't told any of my friends but told my boss who made the comment, "if she really wanted to have killed herself, don't you think she would have?"

On the brighter side, told my dog who wagged her tail and chased the ball.

Wish I was a celebrity and could scream "get me out of here!"

Thanks for listening xx

Understand your 'get me out of here' sentiments @Dots

I am grateful that my boss has been most supportive of me during times of crisis. 

@Dots

Quick check in to say hi. Trust your day has been ok. 

Thank You soo much for checking in. Trying to get routine back into our lives. Got through today ๐Ÿ˜Š
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance