Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Caring4Corny

This is us hanging out @Former-Member , stronger together. We need a pool today, and a refreshing drink, I would love something tart with lime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

Vancouver Aquarium: two sea otters float around, napping, holding hands. SO CUTE!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Awwww .. cuteness in the extreme! @Corny  They appear so calm, so chilled out. And so adorable how one reached out and took the hand of the other. Yes I have to agree .. we are stronger together, than we are when we try to go it alone. Which is why I am so happy that you finally have reliable supports in place to safeguard your safety and wellbeing. 💜

Sherry 😀

Isn't the pic of the Harbour this morning a shocker. My friend works right on the water and would not be 500m from the bridge!

Yes I am so happy I am going home @Former-Member.

With regards to community help you can't  double dip in two different buckets of funding. So if you receive the NDIS you can't access this service through the Primary Health Network in NSW. I haven't even considered the NDIS for myself @Former-Member. Just finding the stamina to get this paperwork done was enough. The government really has the upper hand in that it is close to impossible to complete the Centrelink/NDIS/Community Health forms when you are very unwell and have no support. You don't have the concentration for it and that means people miss out and it benefits others who have someone in their lives to do it for them and can act as their advocate. I feel my brain turn to jelly just at the thought of having to do the application but I won't discount it in the future. 

I have been a gold star patient @Former-Member, this is true. With a busted brain it gets me down a lot, but then I try and remind myself that my doc gave me a gold star for hearing, a gold star for eyesight, a gold star for kidney and liver function, a gold star for blood pressure, a gold star for cholesterol, a gold star for BMI, a gold star for nutrition, a gold star for oxygen levels, a gold star for dental, the list goes on and on, but you get the gist. It's easy to forget everything that is right with you isn't Miss Sherry Smiley Wink

I will hug you and say, "I miss ya limbs".

I fee like a raspberry cordial...wanna share one with your Otter pal?

Corny Heart

@Corny 

Heart

More Quiet hugs and love your otters.  Hearing you about the problem of being forced to conceal and the confusion of living a double life.

Heart

Sad about the Harbour Bridge pic. Yes Shocking.

Smiley Sad

I heartily agree with all @Maggie @Former-Member said in their posts.

Heart

Hope you enjoy your homecoming.

Smiley Happy

There's plenty of room in the pool for another Appleblossom Otter, @Appleblossom . And I can pour you a fresh lime and soda or a raspberry cordial in your favourite glass on arrival. 

It takes a while to walk out of the fog doesn't it, decades really- Hearing you about the problem of being forced to conceal and the confusion of living a double life.....makes me sad when I contemplate all the years taken from me and missed opportunities, years I can never get back.

But the double life fuelled by my fathers NPD was the only structure I knew and combined with threats it was pretty easy to control us. It makes it that much easier because he found a partner who revered and enabled him, validated him and pretty much idolised him, my mother was his servant and she enjoyed it.

But he would also completely crumble if someone rejected him and would be in full flight if they had the courage to. But whereas with other mental health conditions you could attribute behaviour to someone being mentally 'unwell', my fathers was fixed and intractable. I am often horrified by the naivety of some people believing that everyone has a chance to be rehabilitated - no.they.do.not! 

They were very confusing years, but the confusion is gone and its amazing how long it takes for us to become comfortable with the truth and how much we avoid it. Its like the false reality was comforting.

Corny Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Corny 

Support at home = yay

MH support groups will often help with NDIS paperwork - not all, but some of the listed groups do like Richmond Fellowship & One Door (prev Sz fellowship - now covers all MH)

https://www.carersnsw.org.au/advice/services-supports/mental-health

hugs @Corny Heart

I present to you ladies @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Maggie @Faith-and-Hope , the breed you are caring for this weekend and taking for a puppycino this morning on your walk about town - the Berdoodle

Berdoodle.jpg

Awwwww @Corny  very jelly here. Puppychino. 👍👍👍👍😍😍😍😍😍 I hope you have a luvely time. Bad spelling intended.

Thanks and Yes @Corny it takes a long time to "heal" or understand complications in childhood.

I am slowly coming to terms with the level of neglect and parentification I endured with my mother.  Now I quietly talk to her and say "naughty mother".  SOmehow the agony and confusion are lessened and I am not obssessed, but when she comes to mind, and mothers do come to mind often, I quietly reprimand her.  She had a hard life and reasons etc , but I always knew them and stuck up for her, she could have ended it differently, and it could have been better for the whole family .... 

Take CareAll

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member

@MaggieHave not heard from you for while Hope you are well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance