Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

MrHD
Casual Contributor

Battling on two fronts.

My twenties son has underlying mental health issues, that is greatly compounded by recent hard drug use. He has be sectioned to a mental health hospital with paranoia, only to be released and told that the (illegal) drugs aren’t helping. Trying to get him to detox/rehab is a very hard process as he has to apply himself, and waiting times are quite long.

I am quite sure that I am not the first person to travel this road, and there doesn’t seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Battling on two fronts.

Welcome to the forums @MrHD. Thanks for sharing, that must be a really challenging situation! How are you doing?

There's a lot of lovely people on here, and you might find some threads helpful. The first one is Parents supporting unwell adult children and another is Carers hints and tips to success

Hi @MrHD and welcome to the forums.

I can’t stay in this moment.  One of my kids is in hospital and I have to keep moving, but I will be back to chat with you later.

We have a social thread called Hot Chocolate Anyone ? under Social Spaces that I will tag you to. Only respond there if you feel comfortable to, but it is a good way to meet other members who who are managing quite extreme circumstances, as you are.  One of the greatest values of the forums is having others to walk along with you and share the dust of the road.  You’re not alone, but might not be in the heart-space to be social - both understandable, and okay.

Welcome again, and chat later ..... keep swimming !! 

Some days I feel that I am moving forward, then bang, I’m back to square one.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling like that @MrHD,  is the medical team working with your son able to help in presenting the rehab option to him?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance