Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

My sister and I have our moments where we argue and get at each other but overall we have a good family friendship. Her 18th birthday was terrible as no one came. I cried for her. I was very angry.
I don't tell people because I don't want empathy or to seem like I am cute or some crap. I was just genuinely angry and hurt for her. She has been through heaps of physical illness.

At work I heard a story of a son being violent to his mum. I see lots of things happen in family life with the work i am doing. It's really sad. It breaks my heart that a mum just wants what is best for her kids and they turn on her like that.
One of my regrets when I was a kid was not levelling another kid who called my mum a female dog (you know the term). I was only 10. But I wish I taught the kid a lesson that he doesn't call my mum that.

Anyways. I am thankful for a good home life.

I see people my own age lose their minds over sex and romance. Just going from person to person... It's not good for the soul I don't think.

Anyway.

I am rambling

@Appleblossom@TAB

take it easy @MDT  guess your post got pulled. I read it 

Gee whiz @TAB
I am getting a lot of things pulled down.
But glad you saw it anyway darth

all good @MDT 

take it easy @MDT 

you got it El Dude

Von Dude?? @TAB

Yeah all of that @MDT

No worries @TAB Not letting Hitler off the hook tho ... b&$%^  b*()@# ! 

@MDT Family loyalty definitely is important. Hearing you about your sis.

Maybe I missed the "it" and maybe it was not for me anyway.

It seems to be a stage young people go through.  I have never came down hard and fast on moralising as everyone around me was all over the place, pushing boundaries. I survived. Others did not. Not many normals. Not simple rights and wrongs.

Cheers 

yeah sins of fathers or fathers head of state. Not my sins @Appleblossom 

Thats right @TAB 

but trauma has a way of seeping through generations and cultures. Being silenced about culture does not help as people need to process.

ALL we can do is

"ave a go"

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance