Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

I actually agree with @Meowmy here @Flying_Hams It might be time to see your doctor again. It may be that your present meds are not working the same way anymore - we can build up a resistance to meds. I was in a similar situation where I seemed to gradually go backwards until I felt I was right back at square one again. After changing one of my meds my mood gradually began to improve. It took time and several really tough weeks but it did make a difference. It is at least worth a conversation with your GP.

True @Meowmy @Zoe7

Thanks @outlander me too hey..

Idk if meds will change it though. Plus I am sick of medicine for mental health. But maybe I will see the doc soon. I need to get tests to check up my general health too. Maybe it could be auto immune.

Sounds like a plan @Flying_Hams It could be many things so getting a general check up could be a good idea. Often physical ailments can affect our mental health also so getting everything checked out sounds like a wise move.

Yeah @Zoe7

This is the worst I have been for a while

Yeah @Flying_Hams It is so hard when we begin that slide and feel powerless to stop it. Hearing you buddy Smiley Sad

Not good @Flying_Hams , not good my friend. All my symptoms r out of control. In hospital for last 2.5 weeks have got steadily worse in that time. Discharging me Tuesday even tho I'm an absolute mess and can't function. No meds helping. Went in to hospital to get off short term anxiety meds, which they/wev done, but my symptoms r completely uncontrolled and yet they r discharging me. It's like theyv done what they needed to do, now I get kicked to the curb regardless of how out of control my symptoms r. It's not just the anxiety, which is closer to panic a lot of the time, it's a whole heap of other symptoms - too much to list here - but they are torturous and never let up. For example sleep - got 2 hours last night, a little more the night before that but basically not sleeping and they're not particularly phased which I find very surprising. They just don't seem to get it. It's very frustrating to say the least. I cld say so much more but won't rabbit on nemore. Suffice to say that I am going thru torture with out of control symptoms that they don't seem too b phased about. Meanwhile I'm living thru torture!

I'm rly sorry ur doing it tough @Flying_Hams . Thinking of u my friend and hoping that things improve for u soon. I hear ur struggles. My thoughts r with u. Xxx

Mental health aye @Doglover
😕

Yep. It's destroyed the last 11 months of my life, that's how bad it's been.

@Flying_Hams Hey Hamsolo01 you are a dear friend to us all. Just take care of yoursef wont you. Love gpxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance