Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you (and keep that self care happening)

Now that Mr Darcy has passed and my caregiving role has come to an end and I have entered a different season of grief it is time for me to step aside from the forum.images (23).jpeg

I use the term "different season" as we know that as a caregiver we have "living grief". Living grief encompasses the losses we as carers have when our loved ones receive a life changing diagnosis and the losses can be huge. Some we rail against, others we accept . We pray that our loved will have healing or remission from their symptoms, especially the darker ones.

We experience a plethora of emotions, at times some of them new and uncomfortable. We feel scared, guilty, angry, frustrated and at times hopeless and helpless; at other times we feel love, hope, courage and determination. Getting comfortable to sit with our uncomfortable emotions and learning which ones require action on our behalf and which ones don't can be helpful.

Building resilience through self care with particular attention to the 8 dimensions of wellness is important and puts us in an optimal position to cope with the things life throws at us and I gently encourage you all to continue to do this.

4596faeee50b6b7319c83752538f5022.png

Adequate sleep and gratitude are gifts that keeps on giving keep finding things to laugh about, but above all, love fiercely.

images (21).jpeg

images (27).jpeg

images (29).jpeg

images (28).jpeg

It has been a privilege getting to know you and I cannot thank you enough for the support you have so freely give and how this has helped me grow, Bless you all @Shaz51   @Faith-and-Hope   @Determined  @Smc   @Sophie1   @Sophia1   @Former-Member    @Appleblossom   @Adge @Emelia8   @greenpea   @outlander   @Carlachris   @SJT63  @Scoo  @Jay-e   @Boo13   @Anastasia   @Maggie , from my early days @soul   @PhoenixRising   @Grasshopper3 and too many others to mention.

Thanks to the gardeners and the the declutterers, you hold a special place in my heart.images (10).jpeg

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Thank you (and keep that self care happening)

5D5B2BAE-0970-44BD-95BC-51B52C1801B7.jpeg

D8103690-6148-41E2-A304-30387317BF7E.jpeg

0AC9BE32-3CEC-44EC-9D6B-44FF0E30DAFB.jpeg

746AC184-466F-4816-92EA-5833553E28D4.jpeg

98E5EEFC-12C4-49AC-B0F2-2902F4F77B63.jpeg

you will be always with us @Former-Member ...... as will Mr. Darcy through you ...... 💞💞💞

Many, many hugs, and very best wishes for your onward journey.  I appreciate so much all the times you have been there for me, and the sharing of an ethos of what it means to be a carer, until the changes in my ex showed him up to be something else entirely than the unwell man I thought he was ..... your example of ongoing "grace under fire" is a beacon for me as I walk on in the carer role with my recovering children, and my "forever baby" ......

God bless xxx

@Former-Member ...  it is really sad to see you leave, but I do understand.  

As you know, I too am no longer a carer, with the death of my husband 4 weeks ago.  It leaves a huge hole in our life. 

I thank you for the wonderful support you have provided to so many of us here over the last 4 or 5 years.  I wish you well and every success in whatever you now decide to do in your life.

Love and hugs to you

Emelia 🤗💞

@Former-Member I wish you all the best on the next chapter of your life, and it is understandable you don't want be on the forums and need to move on. I totally get it.

The expression 'living grief' is so true. There isn't a beginning and an end, it is a dynamic process and a dynamic feeling as well, with lots of ups and downs and it waves for many, many years. 

I hope that you can create a safe place for yourself to rest and be cosy and warm with the puppies in a place of your choosing. 

I was so touched by your description of your husband as having 'gentle strength'. That is something I really strive for in myself and admire if I see it in others.

Big squishy hugs, Love always Corny HeartHeartHeartHeart

Bless and move quietly forward on the path towards peace. Thankyou for your kindness and thoughtfulness, your laughter and gentleness at times has been uplifting.

the days will be strange for awhile but will somehow become brighter for you and yours. Find your joy in the little things that's where the sparkle lives and remember the goodtimes.
Time...it always takes time.

Condolences and Bless from mine to yours. 🌷🌹🌷

@Former-Member, part of me wants you to stay, but if it's time for you to move on, I'll trust your call.

Will miss your "checking in", chats about gardens and all the rest.

Lots of love and prayers, and all the best for your future.

images.jpg

@Former-Member 

Heart

I understand Mr Darcy's passing means big changes for you.

Make it a Good GriefMake it a Good Grief

Your input on the forum has been foundational and inspiring. So many good ideas.  Thank you

Apple

@Former-Member HeartSmiley Very HappyBest Wishes to you...

@Former-Member  Oh sweetheart thinking of you at this time beautiful lady. Omg will I miss your wit and kindness. Oh Darcy. Love you my sweetheart. peaxxxHeart

Dear @Former-Member 

Getting to know you has been a pleasure. Thank you for your friendship and wisdom.

I wish you only good fortune and happiness moving forward. 

Keep taking care, love always xox

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance