Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care

@Smc yep. Definatly burned out.

Break would be great but children are requiring care still. Have family help available for.that but they on a different page for how we do things and little interest in accommodation of process sooo....

One more week of work then have some time off. Expect that time to be intense with Datling home from hospital and potentially still unwell. There is talk of discharge this week despite ongoing damage and thoughts of permanent solutions. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care

Darling has just had her hospital stay extended by a week as a result of me calling and raising concerns.  She was making threats of self harm and worse when she gets home...

She had been putting on a good show and was scheduled for discharge early next week. With the right information to lead questions it didn't take much for the nurse to get her to unravel.

Now in an isolation area on 1/2 hour checks. That  is how concerned staff are 😢

Does that mean she actually does NOT want to come home? @Determined 

She wants to come home @tyme 

But Dr is not signing off on the discharge due to risk of self harm. She is suicidal with a plan.  

I made the trip to visit this ave with the risk she would refuse to see me but she was thankful that I had, so glad I made the drive. It is hard seeing my love so low and in despair. Yesterday she was in a rage when we spoke on the phone and follow up texts. Not sure what triggered that. 

I'm feeling like a failure that I can not help.

That being there for her is not enough. 

I hope you can use this time to recuperate. It sounds like it will be a long road ahead.

At the same time, as part of discharge, it there a therapy plan in place to help her with the BPD?

@Determined 

No thearapy plan as far as I am aware @tyme  Other than more regular check ins with the psyc.

Heyo @Determined... how's everything going? x

All quiet on the home front @Smc 

Darling came home Thurday.   A big improvement from the start of the week. 

Very much at capacity but managing ok with the help of some prn. med. 

I was nervous how it would go and wondered how wise it was leading into a long weekend (from an access to services point of  view if things didn't go to plan) but so far so good.

@Determined , here for you my friend 

are you ok xx

@tyme , @Jynx , @Paperdaisy , @FloatingFeather , @Smc , @Faith-and-Hope 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance