Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Former-Member  mum does usually visit for an hour or so most weeks and there is a friend darling goes out to coffee with every week or 2. 

I agree  though that too much time becomes a chore resulting in anti-social behaviours. Bit of a fine balancing act there. 

Having mum visit yesterday was good because darling was going to come and tag along with me at work 😬

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Feeling miserable tonight. 

We have family photos booked tomorrow and right now I am hoping it buckets down rain so it is postponed again. Not sure I have the capacity to smile and pretend we are one big happy family. 

Yikes @Determined  if I recall rightly, you mentioned some comments around some previous photos weren't overly complementary ... perhaps rather than praying for rain, we pray for something that will lift your spirits. 😀

hugs @Determined  HeartHeart

I don't think we've ever had a formal family photo. Usually we put the camera on a timer, do a couple of regular group photos followed by a "silly" photo or two, where we all make faces or do bunny ears.

But I'll go along with @Former-Member, and hope tomorrow has some genuine happy in it for the camera to capture.

Lol @Former-Member 

Unfortunately blue sky's here so no escape.

Have managed to mow front yard and be in the hedge this morning and mow 1/2 of the back yard. 

How did the Cheshire Cat impersonation go today @Determined 

Survived the photo shoot @Former-Member 

Just all feels a bit fake atm pretending to be a big happy family when we are not.

S3 had a blast and was being so cute. Untill that is S1 decided it would be a good time to mess with him and upset him. That was right at the end though so we should get some nice photos out of it. 

@Determined 

Is there any particular way I can specifically encourage you Bro?  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance