Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Felt a bit triggered today when I came across a message of distress in the course of my work. Flagged it and passed it on and was touched when a manager called rather than  email reply to check if I was ok and assure me I had done the right thing in flagging it. 

I find it so hard to switch off. When someone is in distress I feel the need/ responsibility to help even when it is not my responsibility. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Well done to you for making the right call, and well done to your manager for checking in on you. 🙂

I still get a bit shocked when someone actually checks on my wellbeing in a crisis situation. You get very used to being the one on the lookout for others, and end up not knowing how to respond when someone else does likewise... It's simultaneously touching, and emotionally confusing.

Checking in @Determined 

All is a calm at the moment @Former-Member 

life 03.gif

Yikes Bro, just saw todays motorcycle adventure - have you pulled up ok and not too sore @Determined 

All good here @Former-Member 

Side I did the slide on is a bit sore but got off pretty lightly really.  Proves the worthiness of proper safety equipment. 

Was a rookie mistake on dirt but was only going slow (due to being on dirt) so could have been worse. 

@Determined, safety equipment is always worth it! Glad you (and the bike) are fine. 🙂

Once years ago, Hubby (then fiancee) and I were coming back from a bike rally in cold weather. Plus windchill. I think I had four or five layers on, including tights, jeans, trackpants over the jeans, waterproof pants over the trackies, and similar for the top half but including a leather jacket somewhere in the middle. We stopped for dinner at a takeaway, walked in looking twice our actual sizes. If I'd come off wearing all that stuff, I probably would have bounced and rolled... 😛

Thanks for posting this! I needed a guide on what boundaries i can set for my partner who has just been diagnosed with an acute psychotic episode, or so he says. Its a mystery since he removed me as his next of kin when he was admitted for the first time. We have an 8 month old so after i made my safety plan i exhausted all brain cells and cant write anything down. What you wrote, especially number 1, 3 and 4, is what i want to ask of him. He always drives when hes in a frenzied state. 

Wish me luck!

@Jzkm  trust the process goes well for you 🙏

Hello @Determined@Jzkm@Smc , @Former-Member , @Eve7 

@Determined, how are you today and your family ?

how is S2 going xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance