Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined 

The caring continues...

It is a reminder to me that a continued vigilance by way of keeping an unobtrusive eye on things is necessary.  

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Another round of asessments for s3 today.

Will be some weeks / months before we a clearer idea about the outcomw but has been a little disheartening watching his disconnet with simple concepts.

And it will realisticaly be a process that takes years. 

Need to start thinking about schools ans where we need to send him. Pead has already given a recommendation but we  need to wait on outcomes to testing. 

Next pead app to discuss this and test results is 2-3 months away. 

Darlings anxiety is still high, almost to the point of it affecting basic day to day function and activities,

I do believe current testing and where to send s3 next year is a key element of this.

Another dose of meds missed another unravelling in progress ☹

Mt fault. I completely forgot to remind.

Had to be taken later in morning after blood tests. 

Visitors waiting on arrival at home. Busy morning. 

Interesting dynamic unfolding.

S2 is responding to borderline behavior with borderline behaviour.   

Darling thought she could continue like nothing had happened after an outburst and it is not working out for her as it usually does. 

Had a mini emergency here this morning. Darling was quite ill. Enough so to warrant an ambulance. Narrowly avoided a hoapital visit only because symptoms were improving while paramedics were on site and we were able to get a gp app this afternoon.

I am embarrassed to admit that my first thought was that it was an intentional act as inital report from FIL  closely aligned with her last sa. 

Turned out it was a genuine accident but  highlighted how close to the surface emotions still are given the scale of my emotional response ☹

And how emotionally and physically exhausted I was after and still am. 

Had a follow-up gp visit this afternoon. Things continue to improve and another app booked for tomorrow. 

@Determined 

Sending gentle thoughts your way Bro. 

Follow up with GP today for darling

Seems most of the adverse affects have passed and no danger of any ongoing consequences. 

The meaning was completely lost on darling but gp gently suggested she check in with her pdoc. 

My guess is that he was not totally convinced it was an accident based on prior form.  (I am confident that it was a genuine accident and no immediate concern for safety as FIL was with her at the time. She was helping him with some domestic chores). 

How are things going @Determined ?

Hi @Determined  

just wanted to let you know I resonate with the over reaction and being primed to be over sensitive to behaviours or conditions we see in our partners that seem 'suspicious' and remind us of past experiences 

just wanted to say I understand and that it's good you were able to observe that dynamic in yourself 

be gentle and kind to yourself - recharge and let the batteries have a bit extra as you must be exhausted from the emotional worry and vigilant response - sending you my thoughts 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance