Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Heyo @Determined. Wondering what the ongoing report card is re. the very soggy weather in your part of the world?

And life in general and everything in particular...

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hi @Smc 

Soggy is about right 

We were on a flood watch (only watch not warning) but noted yesterday that the river is back on the way down so dodged a flood for now.  Everything in the catchment is now ssoaked though so could be an interesting summer ahead. 

Life in general is quiet at the moment. Was shaping up to be a long holiday season with attitude from boys winding their mother up. Told them all it is going to be a long holiday if they don't try to get along and I am not interestedin anti social behaviour. Especially when it is designed to manipulate. Seems to have worked... for now.  Not interested in putting up with anti social behaviour. Just don't have the energy at the moment. 

Little man has his next round of MRi and oncology reviews this week and next. Even though it is routine and no expectations of drama it is still emotionally taxing.

Found out today we only have 2 trips to big hospital not 3 in the next 2 weeks so that is a bonus. (Is a 7+ hour round trip each time) this time of year need to allow up to an extra 2 hours each way 😬

That is heavy @Determined, holding hope for a good outcome for your little man 🙏

Thanks @Anastasia 

Little man will be fine.

His condition is benign, just requires close surveillance to ensure it stays that way. Bit of an explanation back a few pages. (September I think it was).   

Is something he will likley have to monitor for life but prognosis is as positive as it can be at this stage. 

🙏💞 @Determined good news, all the best with the trip.

Hello also @Smc 💞

Woohoo

Have unofficial results for last assessment and have passed. So degree done.

Now I juat have to work out what to do with that degree 🧐😬

Congratulations @Determined  on your degree

Way to go 👍😀🎉

Woot woot @Determined congratulations 🎉✔️🏆🏅

Big day here,

Little man has had another round of MRi, 

Won't get results for 2 weeks (have to drive to city again)

Was not fun this afternoon travelling through major city in peak hour traffic. 

4.5 hour drive home. (Well 4 hour driving and 30min break).

Little man was quite distressed when he woke from anaesthetic this time, but he is ok now. Happy to be home. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance