Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

1 assignment to go.

5 weeks and counting 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thinking about near future employment opportunities as I approach the end of my degree. Can see FIL and S2 needing more

support. So going to have to limit to part time flexible employment. Do have some options opening up on that front though so hopeful about that.

S2 had a major BPD like melt down last night. (Even darling recognised it as such) 

School is getting more and more challenging for him. And the burden of what to do after school. (3 years away). 

And wow moments are getting closer together with FIL. Ended up at someone house yesterday when going to school to pick up sick child when we were out of town 😬 , like how is that even possible? just one example.

@Determined, My Dad's memory was starting to get hazy a bit before our youngest was born. I had to keep gently reminding him that I was pregnant, and then had to keep reminding him that the baby had been born and he had another granddaughter. Seeing someone intelligent and previously capable getting confused over everyday things is hard. 😞 Your FIL probably left with plans fully in mind to pick up the sick child... and the train of thought got lost on the way there... "where was I going... oh, this is the road to so-and-so's house, that's where..."

And final years of school are hard, even without complications. The pressure comes on more and more for  "what are you doing with the rest of your life?" Yeah, sure, the average teenager knows that! Not! Smiley Frustrated

Hope there's something that really suits you in the job possibilities.

Have recieved notification of an information session next week re job opportunity @Smc , that is good timing for a change.  Will have more idea after that 🙂

Looking at working at a school. Someone planted a seed in a general conversation about what next after uni. Can only try. Will likely mean more study but only at certificate level. For now... 😏

Hurtling towards another crisis and I don't know what to do.

Full blown meltdown and tantrum this afternoon over ??? The worst we have had in a while. Taking the resistance approach at the moment though because I am not  prepared to endure what amounts to domestic violence. 

And the children are pushing their luck because I am trying to keep the peace. Then they cry when it all turns to :pile_of_poo:

This afternoon proves that full time employment for me is a mere dream. Required at home to hold this circus together. Kind of over it all this afternoon. 

ohhh @Determined , is it with Darling or with S2 ??

@Smc@BPDSurvivor@Faith-and-Hope@HenryX 

sitting with you my friend xxx

sending you lot of hugs my @Determined 

@Judi9877@BlueBay 

Darling @Shaz51 

Although S2 is not functioning very well either. Taking him to the gp for a letter to get out of  a school camp that is assessable. 

Thanks @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance