Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Missed my ride today but I did manage a walk to town and back. 

Car was in for repairs so dropped it off and walked home then back to pick it up. 

On a roll. Literally 😁

Managed another bike ride this afternoon.

And while it felt slow and hard garmin stats tell me one lap was a PB for time and overall  average speed is up so obviously small improvements. 

Another ride another time pb for an uphill segment. 

1 week in and we are achievimg about half of our distance target but that is ok. Expect that that may take some time.   We have a goal to enter into a competition towards the end of the year so that is a carrot to keep us motivated 😁

I am also pleased that darling is getting back into riding. It has been over 2 years since she has been remotely interested. Just hoping we can maintain some balance this time around riding v family priorities. 

@1dayatatime 

Here is an exercise discussion thread.

Since my pup has a fracture and with Mr Darcy in hospital there has been no walking, even of our older dog. 

Managed to make 75% of my distance target today. Still less the. Half of what I used to do but improving. 

Have a longer ride planned over the weekend. Kind of looking forward to it. 

No walking or cycling today. Have been feeling poorly today.

Would like to push myself tomorrow after lunch. Wait and see how we go 🥴😵

Despite both feeling heavy and tired Darling and I made the effort to do a ride on our bikes this afternoon and even did an additional lap to round up the ks' 

We have a goal of entering a hill climb comp at the end of the year if it is allowed to go ahead. We have a bit of work to do on fitness lol. 

Two weeks in and our rides are not getting any easier but they are getting faster and longer resulting in a longer distance for the same time.  

Missed my ride today but we did manage a short walk. Even if we had the time today I think my legs are still a bit wobbly from yesterday.  Hoping to fit a ride in tomorrow before work. 

Pushed myself for a ride this afternoon.

Felt sooo hard but when I got home and checked my garmin was not as bad as I thought.

I am feeling flat however after a stress spike with work yesterday. That usually takes a week or more to recover from but I am hoping that if I keep moving rather than stop it may help. 

86840860_2929764920378324_1923845826178711552_n.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance