Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My self care motorcycle and photography adventure

@Jacques  @Bill16 

Noticed on Friday feast you were fellow motocycle enthusiasts and thought you may be interested in this thread.

Been a while since I was on here,

Big year with new job, covid and multiple floods early in the year so the poor bikes have been underutilised. 

Sadly sold my fave recently due to lack of use and change in circumstances around caring roles means that is unlikely to change. Still have the big tourer with the hopes darling and I can get back to our Sunday rides. The motivation for the bigger bike.  

Took the bike for a blat this afternoon to visit FiL in hospital, about 100km round trip extended to a bit over 100km by taking a more scenic route. Bit of country roads and twisties rather than freeway. Has reignited my appetite for 2 wheel adventures.   

Took some great pics this afternoon overlooking a winding road and country dam. Would love to share some pics of my new (to me in may) bike but it is a bit unique so identifiable to anyone who sees it. 

Hoping to get some rides in over Christmas break and share some pics of the country side that I hope to be travelling through. 

Had to crop it to delete/ hide  location but a taste of my back yard 🏍 

Screenshot_20221119_205635.jpg

Screenshot_20221119_210056.jpg

Can't see your photos yet bud,I would like an Iron 883 bobber @Determined 

hey @Determined sorry i didn't see this thread, this is great. 

here is a photo of my project. i have owned the bike since 1995 and have not ridden it since 1999

20221028_155625.jpg

i used to skim dams with her, go over jumps and ride through reserves. it is the most amazing bike, never gave me an ounce of trouble. it was in bad shap so i am restoring it to it's former glory.

KTM *890 Duke is on my bucket list

Can't see that happening any time soon though.

And to be fair its not exactly a family guy bike 😄

LoL that was KTM 890 not 90 Duke.

They call it the scapel due to how it corners.

Went for a ride this morning,

Wanted to visit FIL in hospital and catch up with his Dr. Took the bike and a scenic route turning a 100km 1.5 hour round, trip into a 200+ km 4hr round trip. It helped that I missed a turn on the way home adding an extra hour to the trip. Quary truck log trucks and grants doing 30 under the speed limit aside it was a most relaxing ride. 

And for the record I am not one for speed. I just like to turtle along and enjoy the scenery. Notice so much more on the bike than in a car foe some reason. 

Screenshot_20221215_144438.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance