Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

way to go my @Former-Member Heart

Was planning on spending some time in the garden today. My sunglasses had fallen down behind some furniture, and I had to move a whole lot of clutter to get to them. Discovered in the process that said "clutter" included a lot of ourtight rubbish.

So the gardening plans went by the wayside, and I spent the afternoon extracting the rubbish from the "keepers". There's a bagful of soft plastics to take in to the supermarket recycling bin, and some stuff in the rubbish bin and recycling bin, plus a boxful of paper waste that I'll use as weed mat.

Hubby was out today helping Youger Son construct a new wardrobe at his place. His old wardrobe is coming back here, so I also cleared a spot for that. Not it's long term "home", but I'm thinking it might be very useful in the bathroom as a towel cupboard. At present, they're stacked up on a bench. There's a couple of rubbishy and not very "fit for purpose" pieces that I can remove from there to make way for the wardrobe.

Try to keep and put to good use the nice stuff, and get rid of the "meh" stuff. Bit of a long term goal.

So the garden will have to wait at least a couple of days. Tomorrow we're helping Older Daughter move house, and Saturday there's rain forecast. Oh well...

'Onya @Smc 

Being flexible and taking opportunity when it knocks = 👍

Progress is being made 😁.

115803111_3313815948639884_5644587612877410429_n.jpg

Hello @Filly24 👋

Was able to get the vacuuming done today.

Had to get some more ceiling paint for our porch area as did not have enough to finish the job.

Ooo @Former-Member  vacuuming is a big win - I find it takes a lot of willpower to build up to doing it in the first place 🤷‍♀️

I have to thin out my wardrobe again - it looks too full of clothes I know I don't ever wear 

Since getting our stick vacuum cleaner which is so much easier to use the job has been getting done on a regular basis but often Mr Darcy does it and I need to step up and get in the habit of doing it myself @Sophie1 .  

In the absence of a uniform there are some fabulous templates for a  basic work wardrobe such as this one (which I note only has winter tops not summer ones).  Nonetheless helpful for the basics of a serviceable set of work clothes and a $$ saver in the long term, the idea being one only replaces an item of clothing when another wears out or is damaged. 

images - 2020-09-13T210852.961.jpeg

@Former-Member  Wow I didn't even know these templates existed - fabulous idea as I hate having my wardrobe overflowing and crowded all the time - it doesn't feel good ...  I will definitely start having a look see on the inter webs to find one I could use as a guide when I finally get to return to the office - I like the idea of a few nice things that all work together - in fact if I think link that I may already have the foundation of a set already !!

@Sophie1, we tend to buy wardrobe items that will go with something we've already got, so yeah, it makes sense that you'd already have some "foundation" pieces. 🙂 I guess it's a chance to be more intentional, thinking about what "office look" suits you, and how to expand on that.

wonder woman.jpg

Visiting family this weekend and staying with my 89 year old Mum. Sorted a heap of papers for her and have put some of her clothes onto black velvet coat hangers. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance