Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Smc for a whole there I was trying a new dish on a regular basis, some of which was because we were going to weekly shared meals which came to an end with our move.  A quick glance through the clippings made me realise that I no longer want to try most of the recipes but I did save just a few.

Mr Darcy is no longer enjoying food like he used to but in the future I will have opportunity to entertain again and I am looking forward to doing that. 

Heart @Former-Member...

Really pleased with today's tidying up effort and we have made a decent dent in clearing some items from the big room (as we call it).

Along the way we:

1. Replaced some knobs on beside cabinets - they now match the ones on the chest of drawers.

2. Sorted and put away a few items that were previously unpacked.

3. Cleared out 1/2 dozen or so folders, recycling a fair portion of the removed paperwork. 

4. Set aside a few things to go to the op shop.

5. Spoke to + messaged some family members offering them first pick of some items prior to disposing of them elsewhere.

Very good day @Former-Member  doing that 

Now some me time for you xxx 

Still got to finish sorting some of the keeping paperwork @Shaz51 , Mr D having a siesta.

Feels good when things get done @Former-Member 

Yes we saved the filling  cabinets which I will have to go through and throw things out 

What I need now is somewhere to put my paperwork at mum's which is  adding  up fast 

I have been using some tubs that fit a suspension file system for our financial paperwork @Shaz51

Slow but steady progress made clearing our big room. Have a few more items set aside for donating. A friend called in today = 2 more items out the door šŸ‘.

Donated a few more items over the weekend which included a number of lever arch folders and plastic sleeves. Today a plastic tub full of papers went in the recycle bin and a few items were given proper homes.

Expecting our builder to show tomorrow morning (or at least one day this week).

Excess furniture left the building today ... yay.

Have a few bits left to move from renovation area but all in all am pleased with our clean-up effort.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance