Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Smc  hard not to feel discouraged (even if it is temporary) if our work is not celebrated.  

We press on ...we are doing it for ourselves which in turn is also as of benefit of those we live with. 

Have been going OK with the vacuum but not the mop here.  

@Former-Member, he was congratulatory enough once he did find out what it had been like. And told our Younger Daughter to take it easy on me that evening because I'd done masses of work. 🙂
And in all fairness, he'd just come back home from helping Older Son and Older Daughter get their grass cut back to an acceptable level, so we were both tired and sore together.

Feeling just a little bit excited ... electrician had a cancellation so we have a crew here doing some of the minor repair jobs that were needed as well as doing some preliminary work for solar installation.

Bye bye 80s style red light fitting in the kitchen ... 😀

The electrician removed a bank heater* from lounge and as a result we were able to rearrange furniture and it is looking heaps better.

Mr Darcy has started sorting through some of the unpacked boxes. The shed stuff has been separated out and we have put aside some things to offer to my cousin including a small bookcase that has sentimental value as his mum made it. We were able to donate some plastic tubs that were in excess of our needs.

*Heater has been put aside to reuse when renovations are done.

189 best Bird Humor & Funny Birds images on Pinterest ...

Very pleased that as of today our solar system is up and running 🙌.

That is good news @Former-Member 

We are hoping to have ours back online next week. Finally. 

@Former-Member  @tisme  @Radleritis  @Faith-and-Hope  @Yimeepim  @Libra  @Sophie1  @Smc @Determined  @Shaz51  @Adge  

Checking in to see how things are going. 

Libra - did you get your linen sorted?

Radleritis - how are things going in relation to your move.

F & H - will look forward to developments once you have your own space.

Smc - trust time away productive

Eor - how are you going now you have your own place

Yimeepin - how are things with you

Tisme - have you been able to make a start at your place.

Adge - any movement with regards to your paperwork

Determined - how is the shed going.

Sophie1 - have you been able to maintain jewellery ans shoes?

Shaz - is the table still a work in progress or are you finding it to be the place where sorting happens?

At my end the patio needs attention, shed has been ordered but no ETA on delivery or installation.

busyBusy-08074.jpeg

Hi @Former-Member , thanks for the callout. My new 'space' is soooo much better, but I've filled it up already and constantly decluttering. I have a box at both ends of the house for chucking things to charity. Just put a garbage bag in the car. Where does it all come from? 😞 OP shops mostly (love to shop), and some delusion that I need new projects or something... finally christened my new sewing machine, to do the curtains mostly. It works well but created a whole new mess 😲

Good luck with the patio,  and the mammoth project of a new shed - wow. Is it big? 

Doing out my van is challenging me 

@Former-Member  don't know why but mess seems to follow me ... urrgghh.

Trying to be strong and not buy unnecessary stuff as we will soon be needing to get things that are needed and I will savour those shopping sprees.  Was thinking this morning we have been keeping up with the vacuuming but not so much the dusting or floor mopping. 

Garden shed only being installed (perhaps 3x2.5m). There is a very large (perhaps 9x3m), wonky floored, leaking empty garage/shed that needs attention, complicated a little as it is on boundary with neighbour, had it in the too hard basket but ideas are gradually forming and as there is no rush we will see how things pan out in our new location and in due course will attend to it.  Would like to get the inside of the house sorted before we worry about the garage.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance