Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Hi @tyme 👋

Hello hello @maddison ! How's your week been? How's your housemate in terms of PARCs? Still a no no?

Hello hello @tyme ! Def. Not ignoring you, I am so tired due to housemate crashing around the house all night. He went thru another manic (idk the correct language) phase. Everything is ok 🤞 he had chat with cm today. She is young, actually quite remarkable with him & very supportive towards me. 

How are things with you?.... Pls don't answer..haha.. I would love to know, I'm going to have a nap now xx

Hope you have a good nap @maddison and I'll catch you later.

@Serenity2 

Come and meet some awesome members @maddison , @tired_sisyphus , @pjc1965 ,  @Pablo66 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Krishna , @Smc , @Determined , @Scoo , @Anastasia 

Hi @Serenity2 I'm maddison. Welcome to the forums. I have read your other post & could relate so much to everything you mentioned.

It's difficult for others to relate if they are not familiar with all the intricacies involved with mental health. Being on the forums can help to relieve feelings of isolation. 

Thankyou for the tag @Shaz51 👋

My toolbox is expanding!! Or changing..

Connecting with other members has helped me feel like I'm part of community I have been lacking for long time. I'm beginning to accept that I can feel accepted.

Enjoying art - my mind looks at things differently.

Reminding myself to ask questions about 'is this good/what I want for me' - or am I doing it out of habit.

@EternalFlower@EternalFlower

Hugs @maddison ❤

@Sunshineandsea 

Hey @Serenity2 

I am a peer support worker at Sane. We haven’t had the chance to chat and saw that @Shaz51 and @maddison have been chatting to you. Two AMAZING people 🤩. 

I am about to log off for the night, but hopefully our paths can cross and we can help you to be some part of this awesome community ❤️

Sunshineandsea xx 

What a fantastic topic! 

$20 neck and shoulder massage is cheap therapy.

Dog walk with airpods playing chilled music and walking until I'm too tired to worry anymore.

Finding a piece of coastline where there is 180degees of ocean horizon in front of me, like a pier or headland, then sitting and looking out at the vast ocean for a long period of time, contemplating the enormity, power and timelessness of what's in front of me.It helps me understand that if I am so small and comparatively exist only for a brief moment, then my problems are even more insignificant. I use that perspective and power to recharge my mental batteries and refocus on my goals.

Hello @GMelbourne , how is everything going today 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance