Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shaz51
Community Guide

Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Hello everyone Heart

What things have you got in place to help you daily with everything that is going on in our lives whn you are feeling anxious, worried , yuk, concerned, annoyed, in a panic,

self care is soo inportant for us all 

it is not being selfish , it is very much needed to keep us keeping on 

d115d0de711eecbb49d61f1a59bed2ba.jpg

395 REPLIES 395

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Hi @Shaz51 My toolbox contains walking, mindful breathing, music, gardening and drives to the beach to float and practicing acceptance of the things I cannot change. Although, there are days when I can't seem to open the toolbox and my thoughts just ruminate sending me into a downward spiral. Those days are long and hard and simply hope that tomorrow will be a better day. ❤️

Sounds good my friend 

Sometimes @Krishna  when we can't find anything in our toolbox  to help , sometimes just doing nothing is what we need 

I have at times just lay down with my eyes closed

How are you going today 

❤❤

@Shaz51 

one of the biggest things in my coping toolbox is the local library's Borrowbox app. I download ebooks and listen to them while I'm doing housework, or when I'm taking a short "time out". 

Mr S would be very hurt and confused if I asked him to stop talking at me and leave me alone while I do the dishes or something, but I can say "I'm just putting my story on for a bit" and his thought process immediately accepts that I'll be off air for while, no questions asked.

Borrowbox gives me headspace. Sometimes I'm not really taking in what's going on the story if I'm lost in my own thoughts, or the task at hand, but it means I'm not being bombarded by his thoughts for a while.

@Shaz51Oh not so good today. Tension headache that just won't shift. Have done a lot of just laying down with my eyes closed, trying to stop the barrage of thoughts today to no avail. My girl on my mind and wondering how she's coping. I know she now has plenty of support (1 hr/day x 5 days) and just wish I could be part of it. Is reassuring hearing from her support team as to how she is or isn't coping but missing out on her highs and lows is hard. Maybe it's the gloomy cold weather affecting me as well but the sun will shine again. 

Hello @SJT63 

It is soo good that you have e books and that Mr S understands that this is your time xx

My Mr shaz is with me all the time , so being here on the sane forum is my time throughout the day 

He has his music time and  ytube time as well as talking to me 

Yes my Mr shaz would be upset too soo it is good that we have something to chill out with 

Sending you lots of tender hugs my friend @Krishna xx

It is hard when we want to be there with our children,  it is good that the support team has communication with you 

Yes the weather does affects me too,  like a sinus headaches today xoxo 

❤️

Gardening, nail polishes, reading or watching Netflix-sometimes a good soppy movie or just easy watching like Disney.

• @SJT63 Borrowbox!I love it. Have you come up with that? 
    I need to learn more on how that's done 😌

@Alicat 

borrowbox is the name of the library app, from the appstore, then you sign in with your library account.

your local library's website should have all the info, even if it's not the same app, they will have one.

I joined the library online, downloaded the app and signed in. Now I can borrow ebooks (audio and ones you read) through the app. I can reserve things that are already out and they email me when they're available. After listening you "return" the ebook and it deletes from your download file.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance