Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

Sending love @Smc, hearing you on learning to be okay with the days where you do feel like vegging out or hiding from the world. Prayer is a good way to talk through what's happening, it's great that you have your faith and the community that comes with that. Hope you're enjoying your night Heart  

Do you feel when your cousin asks about you Mum she is making a judgement on you rather than having your Mums interests at heart @Shaz51 ?

Sometimes belly aches can be a combination of things so it is a case of observing and being aware ... pastries are notorious for reflux, fatty foods for gallbladders, carbs for diabetes, top it off with tomato sauce + stress = yikes. 

The Anxiety & Depression Assn of America gives these tips to help us cope with emotions around doing the hard things in life:

• Continuous contact with and support from important people in your life
  • Disclosing the trauma to loved ones
  • Identifying as a survivor as opposed to a victim
  • Use of positive emotion and laughter
  • Finding positive meaning in the trauma
  • Helping others in their healing process
  • Holding the belief that you can manage your feelings and cope

There are so many emotional things that are intertwined, I guess it is like physical things and it is trying to find the right balance for our own needs @Smc @Ali11.

@Bindy17 

You might pick up some tips scrolling through this discussion.

A couple of things that I have found handy recently are 1. Using my Employee Assistance Program and accessing a good psychologist to discuss events.

2. Downloading the headspace app and using the Free (I haven’t subscribed as yet) meditation focus on mindfulness and sleep podcasts these are really really good. 

@mum8891 

You might pick up some tips scrolling through this discussion. 

Thankyou 🙂

hi  @Ginge  and @roses111, @ComplexityQueen , @LSR , @Libra @SpinningDaisy, @MamaBird @TazCat.@FairerDingo @Socrates8,  

@SuzieQ  @Stefee @Anne5 @Happier @FairerDingo  @AdamB @M221067 @suzyQ @Freya13 @Bwishes @frozenButterfly 

@Cake

here is some great tips for us

and if you like to share any tips and hints that you have found nd love to share here

Hello @mum8891 , @Former-Member , @Stefee , @Ali11 , @Smc 

Hi @Jac88 ðŸ‘‹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance