Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

hello @bundybird , this thread might be helpful 

thank you I will have a look

hello @547@Romi@OMG12@B_01@bundybird@alwaysangry 

this thread might be interesting and if you have any tips to share we would love to hear them too 

@Faith-and-Hope@Smc , @Former-Member , @Tortoiseshell 

images - 2020-05-06T072005.302.jpeg

@Doreen 

You may pick up some tips scrolling through this discussion thread.

It's Wellbeing Week, on the Forums (starting Monday) @Shaz51

With Good Reminders to Practice Self-Care.

Plus a "Self-Care Bingo Game"....

Adge

did you click on the tread so you will gt a reminder xx @Adge , @Former-Member , 

hello @alwaysangry , how are you today 

Hi @Shaz51 

Good to hear from you! Actually, things are going very well in one respect - hubby, who is the 'alwaysangry' member of our relationship, got stuck in another state due to Covid19 so I haven't seen him since the very beginning of March! And the reason that is such a good thing is because, for the first time in years and years, we are chatting. Communicating. Talking about serious stuff but just telling each other stuff that has been happening our end of the country.

We sms, we email, we call and we video call. I took a look the other night and where our longest phone chats when we lived together was about 10 minutes, now we range from 30 minutes to an hour and a half!!!

I mentioned it to him on video call and I said, you know, if you were here sitting in the lounge room and I came in, I'd get in trouble for interrupting you and if we did speak it would be for perhaps 4 minutes max. And he stopped and thought about it!!! Then agreed with me!

You have no idea what a huge deal that is. He also said it was something he'd work on when he finally makes it home!

How are you? Are you enjoying this great weather or are you a summer person? xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance