Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

LSeven
Contributor

"Fake" Posting on Forum

Can SANE forums look into a method to vet people who post on this forum? I'm worried people may be 'fake' posting issues  

It's a twisted world out there on the Internet. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: "Fake" Posting on Forum

Hi @LSeven

Perhaps, our Community Manager, @NikNik, could respond better to your question. I am sorry you are feeling what sounds like a little unsafe when posting in the forums. At SANE we do our best to ensure that the forums are a safe and supportive place for all.

Hoping your question is answered and you find the forums safe and helpful!

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Hi @LSeven,

Just letting you know that I have moved your post to the "About the Forum" section of the SANE forums. I have also changed the title of your post so that people who have similar questions will be able to find your post easier.

Kind Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @LSeven

I don't think I have seen you on here before and if that is the case welcome

I am a person who fits on both forums as in I have my own  issues and distantly care for my son

I think that your question is a good one and also a reminder to us all that we are all responsible individually for what we post on here

I am not sure if you are aware or not but there is also a telephone contact number in  the top right hand corner if you have further questions and prefer to talk to a real person.

This is a safe forum as we all use made up names. There are also guidelines on what we can and can't post, that would be useful for you to read.

Most importantly after feeling safe we are also not judged.

There is no pressure on anyone to reveal anything about themselves. People can just write about how they are feeling or not coping. If another member asks you questions that you do not want to answer, just politely state that you  prefer not to say.

You can respond to different threads, fun threads or more serious ones or keep writing on your own thread here that you have started.

Perhaps just have a look around and quietly sit and observe what others are saying

So keep on  looking after you and keeping yourself safe within your environment

one other thing there are also many different personalities, no different to the real world

you will find you relate to some  and not others...not an issue...again you are in control at all times just respond to the ones that you want to

good luck exploring

Hi @LSeven

Great question.
These forums are anonymous, so there's only so much we can do to verify people.
The benefit of anonymity is that people can't say they are someone they aren't, but people can have disingenuous intentions. So far we have been very lucky that we haven't had any 'trolling' or people who have intentionally gone out of their way to join this community for the wrong reasons.
We have a wonderful group of members and moderators who are pretty quick to pick things up, if they aren't quite right, as well.
Additionally, we have very strong spam filters, so people/bots trying to plug their products are picked up instantly. Most of the time, their post doesn't even see the light of day 🙂
I hope this helps answer you question and you feel comfortable to continue to post in the Forums.
Nik

I would agree that something is not right with the site as cannot start a new post, there's just no where to enter it. I sent feedback and they asked me to check my connection which is a good sign that nothing is taken seriously.

Hi @Smoobydoo100 

I am sorry you feel that the SANE forums team have not taken your posting problem seriously. But also relieved that you have been able to post your viewpoint. If you are still having problems or would like to give us feedback please email us at team@saneforums.org  

warmest regards

Whitehawk

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance