Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat// Spotlight on Strengths// Thursday 11th August 2022// 7-8:30PM AEST

The Peer Group Chat happening next Thursday, 11th August 2022 from 7-8:30PM AEST will be on the topic of 'Spotlight on Strengths'! 

TideisTurning_0-1659583261633.gif

For ease of reference, the times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below; 

TideisTurning_1-1659583306828.png

Western Australia: 5pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 7pm 

For those new to Peer Group Chats, each chat session focus on a specific topic and is guided by peer workers with lived experience of mental health issues. Counsellors are in the background to make sure chats are as safe as possible for participants. It is a space for peers to share their story and experiences, and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.  

You can join our Peer Group Chats every  Thursday from 7:00-8:30pm (AEST). 

Check out the FAQs page for more information. 

More on the Upcoming Topic: Since there can be a focus on deficits and symptoms in mental health care, it may be difficult to focus on our strengths. It can make a big difference to our wellbeing when we recognise, take advantage of, and celebrate our strengths- from the big to the small and everything in between!  

I'm going to tag a few people who may be interested. Feel free to spread the word, tag others & support this post for further reminders closer to 😊 @chibam @Bow @Flying_Hams @Appleblossom @Captain24 @Shaz51 @Jacques @Snowie @Oaktree @pinklollipop15 @petrichor @tonys @BeNormal @wellwellwellnez 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Peer Group Chat// Spotlight on Strengths// Thursday 11th August 2022// 7-8:30PM AEST

hello tide is turning.   thanks for invite to join discussions ..  wanted to join your chat about homelessness  ... i even did a little home work ,  notes on scraps of paper,  very unlike me..  then between my unreliable internet and leaner plates on computor,  i had to give up..  i  can find peoples letters,  well some of them,   and respond ..  some times  my letter goes and some time it ends up in the wrong mail box,  when i get my p plates one day i will give it another go.  so please dont think im not interested in your topics,   im in a big district here.   lots of cows,  no computor teachers,    farm life means im as reliable as the weather... not at all... its midnight and im just kicking of muddy boots... so happy trails to you all... tonys from moon base one.

Re: Peer Group Chat// Spotlight on Strengths// Thursday 11th August 2022// 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi everyone,

This is just a reminder for anyone interested that our next Peer Group Chat is on tonight from 7pm AEDT, where we will be talking together about our strengths. 

What you can expect:

• Exploration of what strengths are and the impact they have on our lives  
  • Sharing & celebrating our strengths 
  • Discussion of how we could use our identified strengths in our lives 

There is more info in the original post above. You can register/log on to Chatwee (our Chat website) here

@wellwellwellnez @Snowie @Shaz51 @Bow @Appleblossom @tonys @Adge @Teej @HenryX @Faith-and-Hope @Jacques @outlander @NatureLover @Fluttershy1 

Hey everyone 🌻 the group will be starting in 15 mins, for those who are interested and able to make it- you can log on to access the event here 😊

@wellwellwellnez @Snowie @Shaz51 @Bow @Appleblossom  @tonys 

If you can't make it but are still interested, you will be able to read the group's transcript from tomorrow here

Hey, I'm in.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance