Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Your feedback wanted: What do you want to talk about

Hi everyone,

The next Topic Tuesday is coming up on the 26th Aug.

For those who haven't been a part of Topic Tuesday before, Topic Tuesday is a 2 hour block of time (6pm-8pm AEST) to come together & discuss a specific topic. You can find previous Topic Tuesdays here

Every second month we will have a special guest, and on the alternate months, the community (aka YOU!) will be the experts & lead the discussions.

We will discuss topics that matter to you.

We're looking for your feedback on the Topic for next week (26th Aug).

It could be related to research, technology, experiences as a carer, current affairs related to carers,  etc (these are just to trigger thoughts & ideas - feel free to think outside of my suggestions)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Nik

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Your feedback wanted: What do you want to talk about

How about a discussion on the impact of the McClure report's proposed changes to carer's allowance & payment? Would this impact on many here?

I don't receive either payment but was totally gob-smacked by the report which seems to ignore this important area. It appears that McClure is oblivious to the economic savings in-home care offers above hospitalisation/ institutionalisation.

Best regards, 
Kristin

I wouldn't mind a conversation on the carers payment and as Kristin says it will impact many here but also I'm sure there are some here that are unaware of it.  

I'd love someone to explain to me how I am eligible for my 15 year old son but at 16 I'm not.  I know it's because they use the adult assessment tool and I think it stinks.  I recently lost my carers payment AND allowance with 24 hours notice but that's a whole different topic so I'll stop now 😉 

OMG JT that's terrible - and so Centrelink!

Take care,

Kristin

That IS terrible JT!!

Just a reminder to keep in mind, this coming Topic Tuesday won't have a special guest - but will be more of a conversation amongst the community. So I'm not sure, JT, if anyone will be able to explain why your payment was suddenly stopped.

Though in the future it would be good to try and get a special guest who could!

Anyone else be interested in a lawyer as a guest, to chat about planning for the future, what to do about property, trusts, etc?

Hi everyone,

By the end of tomorrow night, a topic for Topic Tuesday will be picked.

As a reminder, the Topic Tuesday on the 26th Aug (from 6pm AEST - 8pm AEST) will be a group discussion, without a guest speaker, focusing on a topical issue (which will be taken from this thread).

So please contribute your thoughts & ideas (you can contribute more than one!) by 10pm AEST tomorrow night (21st Aug).

Even if your suggestion isn't the chosen Topic for next week, we will be adding it to a list for future Topic Tuesdays

Smiley Very Happy

Nik

Hey JT & Kristin,

I have noticed a few different conversations in the forums about finances. It's definitely an important topic. I'm wondering if the topic would be more productive to take place with a special guest (as morningstar suggested) so we can get "official" answers and advice OR is there value in talking about our own experiences - would it be useful/productive?

Don't worry NikNik, not expecting anyone to try and explain centrelink decisions.  Until they understand them they can hardly explain them 😉  

Finances sounds good.  Official answers are always nice and if just a few people hear something that helps them then it's a success!  

What about how we all keep ourselves grounded/connected with ourselves. Sometimes I feel I am lurching from one drama to the next, and I have forgotten how to just"be".
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance