Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Your feedback wanted: What do you want to talk about

Hi Nik,

I agree with JT, pass on having someone from Centrelink on - they probably wouldn't come anyway, but you can get completely differernt answers to the same question depending on who you ask. 

I think there is value in sharing our own experiences - even if we each learn only one new thing - it all helps.

Another idea for some stage might be someone from one of the social security rights services - as this is incredibly helpful.

Best regards,

Kristin

PS Keep up the great work!

Excellent suggestion Used2Be.

That is such a horrible feeling, reeling from one thing to the next, You feel punch-drunk from life. I think normal is over-rated (well really non-existent, beyond stats) but I think ordinariness is under-rated. In the ordinary we can find space to just be. You might like to check out the lived experience forum thread on mindfulness. it is a way of helping us to just "be" in the midst of the awful as well as the ordinary.

Is that where your moniker comes from? I like it! Take care.

Cheers, Kristin

Hiya,

I'm not sure if I've missed the cut off for suggestions but Use2Be's suggestion is something that I can relate too. Drama has easily become normalised so I'm afraid it's preventing not only how I connect with myself but also with others too. My friends are over it and I'm starting to feel isolated.

I'd love to discuss this topic sometime.  

Hi all,

I thought I would reserect this thread, as I saw a post from @Alessandra1992 made a suggestion for a special guest.

her suggestion was an expert who works with young people, to discuss:

'What resources and services are available? Strategies for keeping lines of communication open when we cannot live safely under same roof?'

Please feel free to continue your suggestions and we will aim to follow up as many ideas as possible.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance